Friday, August 14, 2015

Vegan CARAMEL Oats



Finally! A new recipe is here HAHA!

I've been really busy lately since I just started high school recently and my new school is quite far away (I was eating pretty much the same thing everyday)… Now that things have 'calmed down' a bit I can start making more recipes yayy! :)

Those of you who follow me on snap chat (Healthiecook) probably know how much I love oats <3
I like to post oatmeal recipes there sometimes, but only the best/finalised recipe is posted here!

PLEASE give this recipe a try, you won't regret it!! It's just sooooo good!





Recipe


  • 1 c rolled oats
  • 2 tbsp coconut sugar
  • 4 medjool dates, pitted & chopped
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 c plain almond/soy/other plant milk of choice
  • 1/4 c coconut milk
  • 1 c water


    Method

    1. Put all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat.
    2. Simmer, stirring constantly, until its thick and creamy (or the consistency that you prefer).
    3. Pour into a bowl, top with your favourite toppings, enjoy!!! :)


    1 comment:

    1. hi chelsea, i would like to know where can I get pure vanilla extract here in Jakarta? thank you

      ReplyDelete